Job Advert: Classic Car Technician (Mid-level or Senior)
£25k - £35k per year depending on experience
Due to growth in the business we are looking for skilled technicians at either a mid or senior level to join our team on the mechanical side of the workshop.
Majestic Motors is a classic car restoration company based near Kenilworth, West Midlands. We specialise in restoration, maintenance and upgrade of vehicles pre-1990, typically most vehicles are 1960s, 1970s and increasingly 1980s. In the last year we have worked on Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, Porsche, Jaguar, Triumph, Morgan and many other marques.
Our engineering background means we are able to design and manufacture obsolete or upgrade parts in house. Increasingly, many of our customers are looking for a classic style with modern reliability, so upgrades to electronics, engine/transmission swaps and addition of creature comforts are becoming common.
Candidate must have the ability and may be required to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent mechanical knowledge of all automotive systems to include but not limited to; brakes, steering, suspension, interior trim, transmission, engine, carburettor tune, ignition system, auto electrics.
- Candidates must have a passion for older and classic vehicles, we want a true petrol head.
- The ideal person will be conscientious but able to work quickly. Attention to detail is essential, someone who really takes pride in their work.
- We only work to the highest standards and time is allowed to ensure the job is done right.
- Candidates ideally must have experience on many vehicle types, makes and models.
- Senior candidates will be required to spend time mentoring apprentices
- Race team experience beneficial - via our sister company Majestic Motorsport, occasionally customers require us to support them on events and we have our own race car we run a few times a year.
In return we offer the opportunity to work on some landmark projects in a friendly, family-feel setting from a rural location away from a high pressure environment you might find at a main dealer or larger business. We expect each employee to enhance what we can offer customers, there are no small cogs in a large machine here.
Current active projects you could be working on:
- Conversion of Alfa GT Junior restomod to EFI
- Ford Bronco V8 Restomod
- Restoration of a Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
- Full restoration of a Mercedes 300B (rare RHD ex South African ambassador)
- Re-engineering of a Ferarri Dino replica
- DAX Cobra engine conversion
- Full restoration of a Morgan 4/4
- Selection of Ford Escort RS projects
- Triumph TR3 full restoration
You can find more details about our completed work in the projects section of the website.
Apply by sending a CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.